Customer Service Representative
JOB FAMILY Operations
CAREER LEVEL Apprenticeship Level 3
REPORTING LINE CFT Team Leader, EMEA
LOCATION Hemel Hempstead
Working for a prestigious employer, the customer service representative will be responsible for managing the order entry to cash process and delivering outstanding customer service to our customers, whilst following approved control activities and internal processes. To achieve this, the Account Coordinator will be required to work closely with other areas of the organisation as specified in the ‘Communications and Working Relationships’ section.
- Manage customer orders (with an increasing emphasis on electronic orders) from order receipt to billing, to provide our customers with an efficient, reliable service.
- Respond effectively to queries relating to customer orders and deliveries.
- Manage deliveries in line with customer expectations, liaising with 3rd party warehouses and other supply chain contacts.
- Resolve customer complaints and invoice queries.
- Raise credits & adjustments on customer accounts and liaise with credit & collections to ensure any outstanding customer deductions are resolved in a timely manner.
- To be in regular contact with our Sales Account Managers and Product Managers, and to ensure relevant information relating to customer orders & deliveries (especially changes to expected customer demand – abnormal orders, postponed or cancelled deliveries, etc) is communicated in a timely manner.
- Understand the operational requirements of our customers (contacts, delivery specifications, booking requirements, etc).
- Implement process improvements which will improve operational effectiveness and enhance profitability.
- Ensure that customer account records are kept up to date for audit purposes.
- Identify and resolve with the data management team any master data errors affecting the OTC process.
- Provide support and back up as required for other Account Coordinators.
Qualifications and Experience
- Previous experience in a customer service environment desirable but not essential
- Oral and written fluency in English and one other European language (German, French, Spanish, Italian) is essential
- Microsoft AX experience an advantage
Skills & Competencies
- Excellent communication skills, able to liaise in a confident and positive manner with our customers and all levels of the organization
- Highly organized, able to prioritize workload to meet tight deadlines
- Methodical approach with attention to detail
- Able to work under pressure and react quickly to changing business circumstances
- Able to work on own initiative and as part of a team
- Proactive with a can-do attitude
- Flexible and able to multitask
- Competent using MS office
- Works within an office environment.
- No regular travelling requirements.
- Communications and Working Relationships
- Key Account Customers
- Product Specialist in the cluster/country
- Finance Managers in the cluster/country
- Business Support
- Supply Chain Planning Team
- Logistics (warehouse and transport)
- Credit and Collections Team
- Internal and external Service and Support
- Other Key Account Coordinators
This job description is provided as a guide to the main duties and responsibilities of the role. The employee is required to undertake such other duties as may be reasonably required.