Ofsted Grade 2 for TCHC
After a recent inspection by Ofsted, TCHC have been rated Good (Grade 2). This comes after lots of hard work and dedication by the staff and management to constantly improve the quality of our provision.
Here are some of the key findings from the report:
- Leaders, managers and staff have worked assiduously since the previous inspection to ensure that the identified weaknesses have been eradicated from their provision
- Leaders have a passionate and realistic vision which transforms the lives of young people, many from disadvantaged backgrounds, by enabling most learners to progress into employment or further training at a higher level
- Leaders and managers have improved the quality of teaching, learning and assessment which is now good. Consequently, most learners make good progress
- Tutors have high expectations of their learners. They provide effective feedback that enables learners to improve the standard of their work
- Leaders and staff ensure that learners continue to develop their personal and social skills while on work placements which are matched to learners’ interests and career aspirations.
TCHC received a Good rating across the four main areas of;
- Effectiveness of leadership and management
- Quality of teaching, learning and assessment
- Personal development, behaviour and welfare
- Outcomes for learners.