Level 2 Retail Knowledge
Would you like your retail staff to know how to convert the “No thanks I’m just looking” shopper into a buying customer?
Get your staff up to date with the latest sales and retail skills so that they understand the customer and how to sell to them. The Intermediate Apprenticeship in Retail Knowledge will help your sales assistants understand the drivers in selling as well as develop a wide range of other retail skills.
- Understanding the retail selling process
- Understanding customer service and the selling process in the retail sector
- Understanding how individuals and teams contribute to the effectiveness of a retail business
- Understanding how a retail business maintains health and safety on its premises.
And seven optional units from the following:
- Understanding retail consumer law
- Understanding security and loss prevention in a retail business
- Understanding the handling of customer payments
- Understanding the control, receipt and storage of stock
- Understanding visual merchandising
- Understanding how the effectiveness of store operations can be improved
- Understanding environmental sustainability
- Understanding sales prevention for retail and licensed
- Understanding the use of in-store web-based facilities in promoting retail sales
- Understanding how to maintain the confidentiality and security of customer data held online
The qualification is achieved through teaching, learning on the job, e-learning, workshops and assessment.
On completion of the Apprenticeship the apprentice must be able to undertake the full range of duties, in the range of circumstances appropriate to the job, confidently and competently to the standard set by the industry.