Cleaning and Environmental Services
Our Apprenticeship in Cleaning and Environmental Services will provide your staff with the specialist cleaning skills and tools needed to support your business.
The units below have to be completed successfully. In addition to these units businesses can decide along with their Tutor/Assessor which additional units to complete to meet the needs of their business.
- Dealing with routine and non-routine waste
- Health and safety for the cleaning and support services industry
- Working with customers and others in the cleaning and support services industry.
While completing the qualification you must also choose from 16 additional units to suit your business development needs.
- Cleaning and maintenance of external surfaces and areas
- Cleaning of confined spaces
- Cleaning of food areas
- Cleaning of glazed surfaces and facades
- Cleaning of high risk areas (controlled environments)
- Cleaning of interiors and washrooms
- Cleaning of specialist electronic equipment
- Deep cleaning of internal equipment surfaces and areas
- Maintenance and minor repairs of property
- Manual street cleaning • Unit 14 Mechanical street cleaning
- Periodic cleaning of hard and semi hard floors
- Periodic cleaning of soft floors and furnishings
- Working safely at heights in the cleaning and support services industry
- Cleaning with water fed pole systems
- Internal cleaning of passenger transport
The qualifications are achieved through teaching, learning on the job, e-learning, workshops and assessment.
On completion of the Apprenticeship the apprentice must be able to undertake the full range of duties, in the range of circumstances appropriate to the job, confidently and competently to the standard set by the industry.