Business Start Up Course - Practical Skills for Business
Are you considering self-employment or starting your own business? Looking for expert business start up advice?
Practical Skills for Business is a unique business start up course that can help you develop your business idea into a sound, sustainable business plan. Practical Skills for Business is a structured programme of support for would be entrepreneurs, and consists of a series of modules and additional expert start up advice from experienced Enterprise Facilitators.
Practical Skills for Business covers all the key areas on business start up and more. You will receive expert advice to ensure you have a viable business idea and learn essential practical skills to help you run your business. During the course, there will be time to work on your own business plan and to receive feedback from your Enterprise Facilitator.
The Practical Skills for Business start up course runs over six days across four weeks. The course will help you to:
- Understand the skills required for business/self-employment and how and where to improve them
- Determine the strategic direction of your enterprise
- Refine and ensure the viability of your product or service
- Create a comprehensive marketing plan
- Understand and deal with the legal requirements of your enterprise
- Formulate an effective operational plan
- Understand business finance and means of record keeping
- Complete your business plan and get up and running.
The course includes various activities and exercises designed to help you to create the content for your business plan. Your business plan is a vitally important document that you will need to present to your bank when you apply for financial backing.
After successful completion of the course you will be able to obtain a nationally accredited and recognised qualification. Our nationally accredited start up course certificate will also bolster your CV should you decide to work for someone else in the future.
This course may be eligible for funding through our jobseeker programmes, if you are currently unemployed or have recently been affected by redundancy.