Team leading is an essential skill in any kind of work environment. Good team leaders ensure that their teams work effectively and efficiently, improving the productivity of a team. With our Team Leading Apprenticeship your staff will be provided with all the skills and knowledge they will need to run a successful team.
The Apprenticeship in Team Leading is stepping stone for you to see who would make a great future manager and could lead to employees developing their management skills on a Management Apprenticeships.
The units below have to be completed successfully. In addition to these businesses can decide along with their Tutor/Assessor, which additional units to complete to meet the needs of their business.
- Manage personal performance and development
- Communicate work-related information
- Lead and manage a team
- Principles of team leading
- Understand business
And then choose from the following options, to meet your development needs:
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Principles of equality and diversity in the workplace
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Manage team performance
- Manage individuals’ performance
- Chair and lead meetings
- Manage conflict within a team
- Procure products and/or services
- Collaborate with other departments
- Participate in a project
- Encourage innovation
- Contribute to meetings in a business environment
- Health and safety procedures in the workplace
- Store and retrieve information
- Handle mail
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Deliver customer service
- Understand customers
- Resolve customer service problems
- Negotiate in a business environment
- Develop a presentation
- Deliver a presentation
- Resolve customers’ complaints
Call for full list of units.
The qualification is achieved through teaching, learning on the job, e-learning, workshops and assessment.
On completion of the Apprenticeship the apprentice must be able to undertake the full range of duties, in the range of circumstances appropriate to the job, confidently and competently to the standard set by the industry.
Get the support you need to overcome your health barriers and progress into work.
We offer a programme where the primary focus is giving you the support you need to get into work and kick start your career. Our Wellbeing Support for Jobseekers provides tailored support to meet your individual needs.
What is the programme about?
It has been specifically designed for those with health barriers to help them meet and overcome the challenges they may face when looking for employment.
It offers a comprehensive support and skills package including:
- CV support, development and goals
- Job search techniques and assistance
- Interview techniques and skills
- Mentoring support
- Well being support
- Personal development including building confidence, motivation and team working
In addition it offers the following bespoke options:
- Pre-work placement support - providing specialist support as required
- Work placement
- Pre-employment / Full-time education support
- Job search / application support
- In work support.
No matter what your circumstances the Wellbeing Support Programme is designed to help you get your career kick started.
Who’s it for?
This programme supports clients experiencing health barriers who are:
- Claiming inactivity benefit such as Job Seekers Allowance, Income Support, Employment and Support Allowance or Universal Credit
- Residents of Essex, Bedfordshire or Hertfordshire
Will it affect my benefits?
No! The programme is funded by the DWP and has been designed to give you the best chance to start your career.