The number of adult social care jobs in England in 2015 was estimated at 1.55 million. An increase of 1% and 12,500 jobs since 2014. and these figures have risen in 2016.
The care sector is growing with lots of career options. One of the best ways to get started is by completing an Apprenticeship in Health and Social Care. It is a way to develop yourself and get a qualification while working and being paid.
The units below have to be completed successfully.
- Introduction to communication in health and social care
- Introduction to personal development in health and social care
- Introduction to equality and inclusion in health and social care
- Introduction to duty of care in health and social care
- Principles of safeguarding and protection in health and social care
- The role of the health and social care worker
- Implement person centred approaches in health and social care
- Contribute to health and safety in health and social care
- Handle information in health and social care settings
The qualifications are achieved through teaching, learning on the job, e-learning, workshops and assessment. On completion of the Apprenticeship the apprentice must be able to undertake the full range of duties, in the range of circumstances appropriate to the job, confidently and competently to the standard set by the industry.
Team leading is an essential skill in any kind of work environment. Good team leaders ensure that their teams work effectively and efficiently, improving the productivity of a team. With our Team Leading Apprenticeship your staff will be provided with all the skills and knowledge they will need to run a successful team.
The Apprenticeship in Team Leading is stepping stone for you to see who would make a great future manager and could lead to employees developing their management skills on a Management Apprenticeships.
The units below have to be completed successfully. In addition to these businesses can decide along with their Tutor/Assessor, which additional units to complete to meet the needs of their business.
- Manage personal performance and development
- Communicate work-related information
- Lead and manage a team
- Principles of team leading
- Understand business
And then choose from the following options, to meet your development needs:
- Develop working relationships with colleagues
- Principles of equality and diversity in the workplace
- Promote equality, diversity and inclusion in the workplace
- Manage team performance
- Manage individuals’ performance
- Chair and lead meetings
- Manage conflict within a team
- Procure products and/or services
- Collaborate with other departments
- Participate in a project
- Encourage innovation
- Contribute to meetings in a business environment
- Health and safety procedures in the workplace
- Store and retrieve information
- Handle mail
- Employee rights and responsibilities
- Deliver customer service
- Understand customers
- Resolve customer service problems
- Negotiate in a business environment
- Develop a presentation
- Deliver a presentation
- Resolve customers’ complaints
Call for full list of units.
The qualification is achieved through teaching, learning on the job, e-learning, workshops and assessment.
On completion of the Apprenticeship the apprentice must be able to undertake the full range of duties, in the range of circumstances appropriate to the job, confidently and competently to the standard set by the industry.