ESF Compliance Manager
Job Purpose: To manage the audit and compliance of the On Track Thurrock ESF funded programme. On Track Thurrock is part funded by the European Social Fund (ESF) and aims to support unemployed young people into work who are aged 15-29 years and living within Thurrock boundaries.
Key Liaison with: Programme Partners/Senior Managers/Governing Boards
Hours: 37.5 hours a week. Flexibility on hours may be required.
Responsible to: ESF Project Director
Contract Type: Full Time / Permanent
Salary Band: TBC
Post Number: T02797
Key corporate accountabilities
- To work with colleagues to achieve service plan objectives/targets.
- To participate in one-to-one performance and development reviews/appraisals and contribute to the identification of your own and team development needs.
- To actively promote the council's Equal Opportunity Policy and Diversity Strategy and observe the standard of conduct which prevents discrimination taking place.
- To ensure full compliance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974 etc., the council's Health and Safety Policy and all locally agreed safe methods of work.
- To fully understand and be aware of the council's commitment to the Section 17 duty of the Crime and Disorder Act 1998 to prevent crime and disorder.
- At the discretion of the head of service, such other activities from time to time as may be agreed consistent with the nature of the job described above.
Key service-related accountabilities
- To manage the collation and analysis of data included within programme/partner documentation (evidence) provided for claims, both financial and non-financial, to ensure accuracy and completeness of evidence and records for both ERDF & ESF Programmes.
- To manage programme support staff and oversee the reconciliation of data and supporting documentation (evidence) for both ESF Programmes.
- To manage the claims process through the individual systems and ensure that claim submissions only include eligible expenditure.
- Provide management reporting to the ESF Programme Director and relevant Accountable Body’s that the data included is appropriately evidence.
- To ensure that audit trails are traceable back to the original source documents.
- Develop good working relationships with internal departments, ESF Contract Managers, Accountable Body, delivery partners and any external funding organisations to ensure there is clear understanding of requirements on the claims and compliance processes.
- Manage and maintain the overarching compliance structure and supporting processes.
- To work with the ESF Programme Director to plan and manage the Project budget and expenditure, setting appropriate financial controls, financial risk management and reporting systems.
- To work with the Programme Manager in managing the relationship with project partners and to ensure their reporting requirements are met.
- To work with operational teams to ensure that all operational data, including monitoring of State Aid rules is complied with.
- To assist in ensuring that all ESF compliance issues are known, understood and complied with.
- Ensure that all key documents are collated and retained in an easily accessible manner, including archived claim evidence.
- To support the internal and external audit functions and help ensure compliance.
- To engage with external auditors and inspectors from the Accountable Body, ESF,DWP the European Union and other partner organisations, as required.
- All other duties commensurate with the grading of this post as directed form time to time by the Director of Children’s Services
How to Apply
The deadline for applications is Friday 3 March 2017.