Functional Maths Tutor - Cambridgeshire
Location: Locations throughout Cambridgeshire
Contract Type: Full time/part time/Associate Tutor
Salary Band: £130 – 160 per day
Purpose of the Job
To deliver sessions to Study Programme learners in the Cambridgeshire area covering Functional Maths at all levels from Entry Level 1 to Level 2. Teaching, Assessing, supporting and furnishing learners with the required skills to get to their next qualification level in Maths currently with NCFE Awarding Body
Enable learners to attain qualifications that will enhance their employment prospects.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare courses, session plans and schemes of work with embedded literacy
- Work with individuals, to agree and keep up to date Individual Learning Plans as appropriate to their needs, supporting them to achieve these goals through regular reviews.
- Plan, review and deliver practical quality training sessions giving comprehensive instructions to learners.
- Use a wide range of tools especially e-learning technologies to support teaching, learning and assessment that best fits the individual
- Monitor attendance, punctuality and progress whilst building portfolios with learners.
- Promptly mark and assess learners work and cross reference the standards through functional skills criteria
- Accurately complete all relevant paperwork in line with TCHC procedures as well as awarding bodies
- Prepare learners for mocks, examinations and assessments
- Establish and maintain effective relationships
- Assist in meeting company targets, retention, progress and achievement of all learners
- Support colleagues and provide cover in the event of staff absence
- Ensure learners achieve qualifications in line with their Individual Learning Plan
- Have a good understanding of the Common Inspection Framework
- Assist in the writing, design and development of programmes / courses and training manuals
- Comply with Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Prevent and Safeguarding policies and practices and uphold equal opportunities and all other TCHC policies and procedures
- Undertake necessary in-house training and any training needs identified in the appraisal
- Work as part of the team and liaise with colleagues on all aspects of the learning.
Note: These duties are a guide to the work the post holder will initially be required to undertake. Amendments may be made from time to time as the role evolves and to meet changing circumstances and these do not form part of the contract of employment.
Enhanced DBS checks will be a requirement for this position
Skills and Attributes
|Maths GCSE grade C or above||x|
|PTLLS, Certificate of Education or PGCE qualification||x|
|Knowledge / Technical Skills|
|In depth knowledge and experience of working with young people further from the job market||x|
|Experience of having delivered Functional Skills in Maths across all levels||x|
|Experience and proven track record of providing tailored support to learners with issues and barriers to learning||x|
|Experience of reviewing performance against targets and recording in a methodical method||x|
|Experience of reviewing and updated Individual Learning plans against performance||x|
|Be fully conversant with Safeguarding and Prevent policies and procedures||x|
|Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint – intermediate competency required||x|
|Use of e-learning technologies that support teaching, learning and assessment||x|
|A proven, successful track record of achieving Functional Skills qualifications in a timely manner according to a learner’s Individual Learning Plan||x|
Excellent communication skills – pleasant and professional manner - well-spoken – clear, intelligible; good standard of written communication – grammar and spelling
|The ability to motivate and build a rapport with individuals to help them progress||x|
|The ability to motivate and build a rapport with a diverse group of individuals|
|Discretion & Confidentiality – must be able to demonstrate and exercise discretion and confidentiality in terms of all data and data subjects; high level of sensitivity to and awareness of parameters of role, as well team and wider relationships||x|
|Organisation & Motivation – able to work in a structured manner, prioritising tasks and coping with peaks and troughs calmly and responsibly, and to target||x|
|Flexible, adaptable and resourceful – ability to respond according to tasks and situations appropriately as they arise||x|
|Commitment & Time-keeping – able to demonstrate full attendance and punctuality within the designated hours of the role||x|
|Personal Appearance – Smart and presentable at all times||x|
This is an initial outline and will be reviewed as part of our Continuous Professional Development process.
How to Apply
TCHC is an equality and diversity employer, and is committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees.