Employer Skills Adviser
Working Hours: 9.00 am to 5.30, Monday to Friday, 37.5 hours per week
Location: Northamptonshire or Greater Peterborough Greater Cambridge and West Norfolk
Contract Type: Fixed term
Reports To: Project Director
Salary Band: £26,000 - £30,000 per annum + benefits
Summary of the Role
As one of the TCHC Group Specialist Skills Advisers you will provide a high quality and responsive service to Employers across Northamptonshire or Greater Peterborough Greater Cambridge and West Norfolk.
This will involve visiting Employers within your sector, assessing full training needs across the organisation, providing impartial training advice & guidance and identifying the most appropriate training provision to meet these needs.
The post holder will introduce appropriate training providers to their Employer clients and monitor the results to ensure that a quality service is maintained throughout and that training success is achieved according to the targets within the contract.
The Post holders must also have a wide knowledge of both regulated and non- regulated training, Apprenticeships and Higher Education, particularly within the Care Industry They will bring specialist experience and capabilities to provide high quality advice to Employers and Learners.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
- To provide a customer centric, responsive service that is second to none for Employers, Learners and training providers.
- To carry out a high quality Account Management function for Employers, making business cases to encourage the take up of the full services, which must support growth
- To carry out Training Needs Analysis for Employers
- To provide effective Information, Advice and Guidance to workforce learners
- To work effectively alongside all partners and Training Providers to ensure the service is complimentary to and not in competition with other funded provision.
- To work with and support Training Providers to engage with Employers and Learners, including TCHC delivery staff.
- To work as part of the team to formulate and refine engagement strategies
- To meet and exceed contractual targets, with a particular focus on the hard to reach within SMEs
- To record all contacts and activities within our CRM and in-line with TCHC’s stated procedures and policies
- To adhere to all TCHC policies in respect of Equal Opportunities, Diversity and Safeguarding
- To respond to all training and local opportunities, as they arise within the timeframes of our SLAs
- Develop strong linkages with, and have an understanding of local stakeholder needs
In addition, the post holder may be asked to carry out other reasonable duties, appropriate to their experience, qualifications and level.
Note: These duties are a guide to the work the post holder will initially be required to undertake. Amendments may be made from time to time as the role evolves and to meet changing circumstances and these do not form part of the contract of employment.
Skills and Attributes
|This role has a focus on the Health & Social Care sector and is looking for candidates with a background of working within this field||x|
|Proven and successful record of working with employers in providing sector focused business support and training advice||x|
|Self- motivation and initiative and able to prioritise own workload, with a willingness to succeed.||x|
|Excellent inter personal skills including effective communication||x|
|Ability to identify skills solutions appropriate to specific business goals or challenges||x|
|Able to facilitate productive and trusting relationships between employers, training delivery providers and other stakeholders||x|
|Meticulous attention to detail, with a reflective approach – able to learn lessons about own performance and to incorporate these into improving quality||x|
|The ability to demonstrate how skills can contribute to improved business performance||x|
Knowledge / Technical Skills
|A good working knowledge of Excel, CRM and IT – Intermediate level experience||x|
Able to drive and have own transport for business use
|Thorough knowledge of the Care sector training requirements||x|
|Proven and successful record of working with employers providing business support or training advice||x|
|Contract Management knowledge||x|
|A fast paced, working history||x|
|An empathetic, non-judgmental and ethical approach.||x|
|Excellent communication skills – pleasant and professional manner - well-spoken – clear, intelligible; good standard of written communication – grammar and spelling.||x|
|The ability to build a good rapport with Learners, Training Providers and Employers||x|
|Discretion & Confidentiality – ability to demonstrate and exercise discretion and confidentiality in terms of all data and data subjects; high level of sensitivity to and awareness of parameters of role, as well team and wider relationships.||x|
|Team-player – ability to work effectively within the designated team and wider head office support teams, as well as independently; keeping others informed duly taking into account any pertaining discretion / sensitivity / confidentiality.||x|
|Organisation & Motivation – able to work in a structured manner, prioritising tasks and coping with peaks and troughs calmly and responsibly, and to target/timelines.||x|
|Flexible, adaptable and resourceful – ability to respond according to tasks and situations appropriately as they arise.||x|
|Commitment & Time-Keeping – able to demonstrate full attendance and punctuality within the designated hours of the role.||x|
|Personal Appearance – Smart and presentable at all times.||x|
The Skills for the Workforce programme is part funded by the European Social Fund