Location: Watford Head Office
Working Hours: Monday to Friday, 9.00 am to 5.30 pm, full or part time
Reports to: Head of Finance
Contract Type: Permanent
Salary Band: £18,000 to £21,000 pro rata
Purpose of the Role
To support the Head of Finance and HR with the day to day business of the Finance and HR team. This role would be ideal for someone who has experience of working in a finance/accounts team or is a recent graduate or someone working towards a finance qualification.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Maintain staff attendance timesheet for holidays, sick leave etc.
- File and maintain HR paperwork such as new contracts, completing/updating staff personal files
- Carry out new staff procedures such as DBS checks, reference checks, etc.
- Carry out other ad hoc HR tasks as and when required.
Building Better Opportunities / Thurrock OnTrack ESF project support
- Responsible for the day to day running and working on the project work
- Maintain and keep records of completed staff timesheets
- Prepare Monthly Claims in timely manner, scan and file the same
- Chase the missing/incorrect paperwork and other items.
- Book journals as and when requested
- Prepare and maintain balance sheet reconciliations
- Perform any other tasks as and when required for month-end close.
- Support Finance Team as and when required.
- Prepare various financial related reports and records.
- Respond to enquiries and requests from staff, providers and projects.
Skills and Attributes
- Excellent communication and numeracy skills
- Good team player
- Excel –minimum intermediate level
- Attention to detail
- Good time management
- Be able to work under pressure
- Display professionalism at all times
- Excellent in liaising with others – polite but assertive
How to Apply