Hours: Monday to Friday, 8.30 am to 5.00 pm OR 9.00 am to 5.30 pm, 1 hour lunch, 37.5 hours per week
Contract Type: Full time
Salary Band: £37,000 - £42,000 per annum pro rata
Purpose of the Role
TCHC has a requirement for Technical Tutor/Mentors to deliver Digital Apprenticeships and commercial courses at Level 3 and 4. These include various IT and Digital Marketing courses, so an Ideal candidate would be adaptable across those subject areas.
You will be responsible for the achievement of apprentices and with your support, encouragement and mentoring you will ensure that learners will successfully complete their IT qualification offering additional help and guidance where necessary.
We are looking for tutors with experience in computer hardware and networks with expertise in setting up and fault-finding and IT support.
All training must be in-line with our Vision, Mission and Values.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
The successful applicant will have a proven track record in IT Technical training and supporting learners.
As a Tutor you will be required to plan, prepare, teach, and coach learners during courses. Carry out the administrative tasks required. Provide appropriate learner feedback, support and educational advice and information where necessary, and to create an appropriate and welcoming atmosphere for learners. You will work within a dedicated team in order to ensure positive outcomes for all leaners with whom you have contact.
As Tutor you are required to carry out the following duties in the context of TCHC’s policies and practices, particularly Safeguarding, PREVENT, British Values, Equality and Diversity, Health and Safety and Data Protection.
- Plan delivery using a variety of methods, interventions and materials appropriate to the learner group
- Including assignments/study and presentations that will engage learners.
- Produce a Scheme of Work and lesson plans in line with the syllabus and agreed by centre manager
- Provide a support network to ensure learners have the highest level of achievement for the qualification.
- Ensure that the courses are up to date by monitoring for new modules and changes to curriculum.
- Produce weekly progress reports for centre manager
- Work in ways which promote equality of opportunity, participation and responsibility, for students, adapting course content and delivery style to meet these needs in line with TCHC policies.
- Deal appropriately with individual learner support needs, using the appropriate forms and recording the required evidence as per the guidelines provided.
- As required assess and teach Functional Skills L2
- Invigilate examinations within a Pearson Vue Testing Centre
- Ensure that work is robustly assessed and marked in a timely fashion and learners are regularly given written and verbal feedback on their progress.
- Evaluate the effectiveness of learning and keep accurate records of learners’ progress.
- Offer advice on further learning and progression opportunities to learners as required.
- Attend relevant induction, training, moderation and standardization meetings as required by TCHC.
- Work alongside Head of Technology Training and inform them immediately of any changes, cancellations, or other significant problems.
- Demonstrate a commitment to your learners and represent TCHC throughout the programme.
- Exceptional organisational and administrative skills with an absolute eye to quality and detail
Any other duty which, from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs of TCHC.
Skills and Attributes
|Trainer/teaching background within IT/IT related degree with proven industry experience or even Computer Science/Engineering||x|
|PTLLS (at a minimum or other teaching qualification such as DTTLS, Certificate of Education or PGCE qualification||x|
|Knowledge / Technical Skills|
Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint – intermediate competency required.
|Ability to use a wide range of teaching delivery methods in order to engage with a wide range of learning styles and behaviours||x|
|Experience & knowledge of the OFSTED Inspection process||x|
|Experience of working on funded training programmes and/or apprenticeships||x|
|Experience of working with and relating to the 16-25 age groups||x|
|Must be confident, personable and able to adapt in a teaching environment||x|
Must be able to manage and organise a large workload and be able to able to work independently
|A full, clean drivers licence, access to own vehicle||x|
|Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint – intermediate competency required.||x|
|Proven and successful record of engaging with a wide range of individuals||x|
|Confident and professional with a positive attitude|
|Excellent communication skills – pleasant and professional manner - well-spoken – clear, intelligible; good standard of written communication – grammar and spelling||x|
|Discretion & Confidentiality – must be able to demonstrate and exercise discretion and confidentiality in terms of all data and data subjects; high level of sensitivity to and awareness of parameters of role, as well team and wider relationships||x|
|Organisation & Motivation – able to work in a structured manner, prioritising tasks and coping with peaks and troughs calmly and responsibly, and to target||x|
|Flexible, adaptable and resourceful – ability to respond according to tasks and situations appropriately as they arise||x|
|Commitment & Time-keeping – able to demonstrate full attendance and punctuality within the designated hours of the role||x|
|Personal Appearance – Smart and presentable at all times||x|
Note: These duties are a guide to the work the post holder will initially be required to undertake. Amendments may be made from time to time as the role evolves and to meet changing circumstances and these do not form part of the contract of employment.
An Enhanced DBS check is required for this role
How to Apply
TCHC is an equality and diversity employer, and is committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees.