Associate Functional Skills Tutor
Contract Type: Associate
Salary Band: £140 per day Pro Rata
Purpose of the Job
To deliver sessions covering Functional Skills English and Maths. Teaching, Assessing, supporting and furnishing learners with the required skills to get to the next qualification level in English and Maths.
Enable learners to attain qualifications that will enhance their further education and / or employment prospects.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Prepare these courses, session plans and schemes of work
- Work with individuals, to agree an Individual Learning Plans as appropriate to their needs, with regards to future employment, training and education and supporting them to achieve these goals through regular reviews.
- Plan, review and deliver practical quality training sessions giving comprehensive instructions to learners.
- Monitor attendance, punctuality and progress
- Understand and adopt strategy to challenge poor behaviour in the classroom and centre
- Assess learners work and cross reference the standards through functional skills criteria
- Record, assess and file learners work / documentation as required
- Accurately complete all relevant paperwork in line with TCHC procedures as well as awarding bodies
- Prepare learners for examinations and assessments
- Assist in meeting company targets, retention, progress and achievement of all learners
- Support colleagues and provide cover in the event of staff absence
- Ensure learners achieve their qualification(s) in line with the Individual Learning Plan
- Have a good understanding of the Common Inspection framework
- Assist in the writing, design and development of programmes / courses and training manuals
- Comply with Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Prevent and Safeguarding policies and practices and uphold equal opportunities and all other TCHC policies and procedures
- Undertake any other routine task, as required by senior staff
- Work as part of the team and liaise with colleagues on all aspects of the centre operation. al assessment and action planning
Note: These duties are a guide to the work the post holder will initially be required to undertake. Amendments may be made from time to time as the role evolves and to meet changing circumstances and these do not form part of the contract of employment.
Enhanced DBS checks will be a requirement for this position
Skills and Attributes
|English and mathematics GCSE grade C or above||x|
|PTLLS, Certificate of Education or PGCE qualification||x|
|Knowledge / Technical Skills|
|In depth knowledge and experience of working with young people further from the job market x
|Experience of having delivered up to L2 in Functional Skills x
|Experience and proven track record of providing tailored support to YP with issues and barriers to learning.||x|
|Experience of motivating and focusing young people to progress within Education or / and Employment opportunities||x|
|Experience of reviewing performance against targets and recording in a methodical method||x|
|Experience of reviewing and updated Individual Learning plans against performance||x|
|Be fully conversant with safeguarding policies and procedures||x|
|Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint – intermediate competency required x||x|
|A proven, successful track record of supporting clients in an empathetic, non-judgmental and ethical approach||x|
|Excellent communication skills – pleasant and professional manner - well-spoken – clear, intelligible; good standard of written communication – grammar and spelling||x|
|The ability to motivate and build a rapport with individuals to help them progress||x|
|The ability to motivate and build a rapport with a diverse group of individuals||x|
|Discretion & Confidentiality – must be able to demonstrate and exercise discretion and confidentiality in terms of all data and data subjects; high level of sensitivity to and awareness of parameters of role, as well team and wider relationships x||x|
|Organisation & Motivation – able to work in a structured manner, prioritising tasks and coping with peaks and troughs calmly and responsibly, and to target|
|Commitment & Time-Keeping – able to demonstrate full attendance and punctuality within the designated hours of the role.||x|
|Personal Appearance – Smart and presentable at all times||x|
This is an initial outline and will be reviewed as part of our Continuous Professional development process.
How to Apply