Working Hours: Monday to Friday 9.00 am to 5.00pm, 1 hour lunch 37.5 hours per week. Flexibility on hours may be required.
Reports to: Recruitment Manager
Contract Type: Initial Three Month Fixed Term – with the potential to become permanent
Salary Band: £14,000 to £16,000
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Recruitment consultants are responsible for attracting candidates and matching them to temporary or permanent positions with client companies. They work with client companies, building relationships in order to gain a better understanding of their recruitment needs and requirements.
Recruitment consultants attract candidates by drafting advertising copy for use in a wide range of media, as well as by networking, headhunting and through referrals. They screen candidates, interview them, do background checks and finally match them to their clients. Consultants also provide advice to both clients and candidates on salary levels, training requirements and career opportunities.
The role of a recruitment consultant is very sales orientated, although it also involves helping individuals and organisations.
- Finding companies that are recruiting
- Job matching candidates and jobs
- Entering client records on to TCHCs client management system.
- Deal appropriately with individual learner support needs, using the appropriate forms and recording the required evidence as per the guidelines provided. Advice or assistance can be provided by director of programmes.
- Using sales, business development, marketing techniques and networking in order to attract business from client companies
- Working towards targets that may relate to the number of candidates placed, a value to be billed to clients or business leads generated
- Building relationships with clients
- Developing a good understanding of client companies, their industry, what they do and their work culture and environment
- Advertising vacancies appropriately by drafting and placing adverts in a wide range of media, e.g., newspapers, websites, magazines
- Using social media to advertise positions, attract candidates and build relationships with candidates and employers
- Using candidate databases to find the right person for the client’s vacancy;
- Receiving and reviewing applications, managing interviews and creating a shortlist of candidates
- Requesting references and checking the suitability of applicants before submitting their details to the client
- Briefing the candidate about the responsibilities, salary and benefits of the job in question
- Preparing CVs and correspondence to forward to clients in respect of suitable applicants
- Organising interviews for candidates as requested by the client
- Informing candidates about the results of their interviews
- Negotiating pay and salary rates and finalising arrangements between client and candidates
- Offering advice to both clients and candidates on pay rates, training and career progression
- Reviewing recruitment policies to ensure effectiveness of selection techniques and recruitment programmes.
- Comply with the TCHC policy on Equality and Diversity so that all learners are treated with respect and dignity in an environment in which a diversity of backgrounds and experience is valued. Deal with any harassment or discrimination issues that arise.
- Liaise with TCHC administration team to be aware of venue, resources and administration, including procedures in case of fire and other health and safety issues.
- Attend relevant induction and training meetings as required by TCHC.
- Maintain contact with your Recruitment Manager, and inform her/him immediately of any changes, cancellations, or other significant problems.
- Represent TCHC throughout the programme.
Any other duty which, from time to time, may reasonably be required to meet the needs of TCHC.
Note: These duties are a guide to the work the post holder will initially be required to undertake. Amendments may be made from time to time as the role evolves and to meet changing circumstances and these do not form part of the contract of employment.
Enhanced CRB checks will be a requirement for this position.
TCHC is an equality and diversity employer, and is committed to providing equal opportunities to all employees.
How to Apply