Associate Employability Tutors
Locations: Bedfordshire; Cambridge and Surrounding Areas; North Herts; Milton Keynes and surrounding areas; Suffolk
Contract Type: Associate
Salary: £120 - £140 a day
Purpose of the Job
TCHC are looking to recruit Employability Skills Tutors to provide support for Building Better Opportunity participants who live in various locations in eastern England - Bedfordshire; Cambridge and Surrounding Areas; North Hants; Milton Keynes and surrounding areas; Suffolk.
This role will involve 1 to 1 support and group delivery of employability skills and personal development training to get people into work for group sizes of roughly 14 people.
The main aims of the programme are to support people to:
- Get into employment
- Move into work experience or voluntary work
- Develop a range of coping strategies
- Generate increased resilience
- Have the ability to self-manage
- Maintain positive mental health and wellbeing
- Build confidence and esteem
- To overcome their barriers to employment
Main Tasks & Responsibilities:
- Initial assessment and action planning
- Tailored 1 to 1 support specifically aimed at transition into work after a long history of unemployment due to a mental health or wellbeing condition
- Deliver employability skills and personal development training to groups of participants
- Work with employers to encourage and obtain work placements and job opportunities offering practical assistance with job applications
- Managing a caseload of participants
- Delivering activities to meet KPI’s and contract outcomes, including maintenance of Participant records in accordance with contract regulations and as agreed with the Project Manager
- Responsible for ensuring processes, protocols and administration is in place to deliver successful audits both internal and external
- Comply with Health and Safety at Work Act 1974, Prevent and Safeguarding policies and practices and uphold equal opportunities and all other TCHC policies and procedures
- In addition, the post holder may be asked to carry out other reasonable duties, appropriate to their experience, qualifications and level.
It is essential that successful applicants have a PTTLS qualification (or equivalent).
The applicant must have their own transport to cover various venues and areas.
Applicants should have in depth knowledge of colleges, higher education, independent training providers, knowledge of local labour market and trends and a proven and successful record working with individuals with mild mental health and wellbeing issues providing IAG, career guidance, training support & mentoring.
Enhanced DBS checks will be a requirement for this position.
How to Apply
Closing Date: 12 noon Monday 30th April 2018