Programme Manager Flexible Learning Fund (Class2Cloud)
Working Hours: 8.30 am to 5.00 pm OR 9.00 am to 5.30 pm, 1 hour lunch Monday to Friday
37.5 hours per week
Reports to: Operations Director
Contract type: Permanent or Fixed term
Salary Band: £28-35,000 pro rata
Purpose of the Role
- Deliver TCHC’s Flexible Learning Fund programme Class2Cloud in compliance with all targets, outputs and contract requirements, ensuring they are carried out in line with TCHC’s corporate strategy, and are managed with due regard for propriety, legislation, quality and value for money.
- Ensure TCHC has a fit for purpose platform for the Class2Cloud project that contains video content and qualifications that learners can complete online.
- Ensure Adult Education Budget funding is utilised through the delivery of regulated courses.
- Foster high rates of learner retention on all courses so that completions and achievements are outstanding.
- Work with the Operations Director to further develop activity to continue to improve project delivery.
- Work with key stakeholders and regional and sub regional partnerships to ensure quality of service, strategic fit, and efficient and successful delivery.
Main Tasks and Responsibilities
- Work with the Operations Director to oversee quality and consistency of provision and to identify and resolve any problems at the earliest opportunity.
- Responsible for the budget to ensure AEB (Adult Education Budget) delivery of IT Level 1 and 2, Social Media Level 1 and Maths and English Level 1 and 2 are live on the system (Microsoft Azure).
- Develop an excellent relationship with our partners at E-Maths Master who are developing the video content and Microsoft Azure platform and any other suppliers.
- Ensure online platform is functioning and performing, as it should with regard to the Class2Cloud platform requirements – ensuring outstanding service is delivered.
- Work with suppliers of equipment and services to deliver the project using the grant monies available, ensuring value for money, high quality provision and eligible expenditure as per the budget allocation.
- Ensure that high quality scripts for courses are competed by Tutors and submitted to E-Maths Master promptly after proof reading and script checks for quality (diversity, safeguarding and Prevent) etc.
- Ensure that Tutors are delivering embedded Class2Cloud (FLF) within AEB training in and out of the classroom on scheduled FLF courses.
- To produce claim reports as required for ESFA/DfE Contract Manager - including progress reports and submissions of Annex C, H, F and J.
- Ensure completion of questionnaires by embedding them within all Class2Cloud delivery to ensure there is effective evaluation of the FLF service.
- Work closely with Kantar (the independent evaluator) ensuring that all evaluation requirements are in place on the project to supply to Kantar.
- Ensure project schedule is kept as per the project plan and profile for C2C is met with actual performance. Any slippage is minimalised and solutions found – if this occurs.
- Maintain the Class2Cloud intranet SharePoint page with all project documents for audit and upload to ESFA/DfE.
- Maintain orderly and robust filing electronically for all evidence and documents, including: minutes; timesheets; invoices; receipts; emails and plans, store electronically the claims made and evidence of defrayal.
- Ensure allocation of AEB (Adult Education Budget) ring-fenced for Class2Cloud is spent as per outlined in the contract. Ensure the AEB profile allocated to Class2Cloud FLF is met, with no slippage.
- Ensure venue, tutors and courses are booked as per profile, ensuring completions and achievements as per profile.
- Work closely with TCHC’s Gateway and Recruitment teams to ensure customers receive a high-quality service throughout – from initial referral into a sustainable job outcome.
- Promote courses through presentations to DWP work coaches to maximise referrals from local Jobcentre Plus offices and other stakeholder groups in the community such as voluntary and community organisations, FE colleges, private providers and independent providers and employers.
- Prepare and present regular reports on engagement, progress and outcomes for TCHC colleagues, ESFA, and other partners and stakeholders.
- Work with TCHC’s Director of Curriculum and Quality, Lead IQA and Tutors to promote the quality and equality of provision for participants engaged in learning. We must ensure that the quality of the provision is not lost when delivered in an online or blended way.
• Promote projects successfully and develop case studies to support future delivery by working closely with TCHC’s Marketing Manager; ensure that TCHC’s staff are aware of projects and services on offer and can promote them to learners and employers.
- Travel throughout the Class2Cloud region as required in the East of England to ensure the requirements of the project are being met, including the functionality of the platform and the quality of the learning and teaching, through observations of training being delivered on the Class2 Cloud project.
- Gather information through research and networking and use own initiative to contribute to future business development. Ensure the scalability of the platform to deliver TCHC’s wider products and services including ILM Management, AAT Accountancy and Bookkeeping and other qualifications that TCHC require to be uploaded to the platform to be delivered in the future. Identify commercial and funding opportunities for the platform to ensure its sustainability.
- Make regular checks on quality and service processes, protocols and administration to ensure they meet the standards of both internal and external audit.
- Manage efficient data collection - providing sector, size, geographic and training needs information on companies, and qualifications, funding, and personal data for individual clients.
Staff Resource Management
- Leadership, support and motivation to promote a high performing team
- Operational management responsibility for the project team
- Working with other departments to ensure quality, efficiency and value for money
- Ensuring that individual and team targets are met
Note: These duties are a guide to the work the post holder will initially be required to undertake. Amendments may be made from time to time as the role evolves and to meet changing circumstances. These do not form part of the contract of employment.
Skills and Attributes
- Project Management qualification L3 or above
- PTLLS, Certificate of Education or PGCE qualification
- Educated to Degree/Level 4 or equivalent comparable experience
Knowledge / Technical Skills
- Knowledge of types of training provider and what they offer – colleges, higher education, independent, etc.
- Basic understanding of HR practice, especially as concerns redundancy
- Knowledge of local labour markets and trends
- Microsoft Office: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint – intermediate competencyExperience
- Successful record of working with employers and individuals in providing HR support or training advice
- An empathetic, non-judgmental and ethical approach
- Excellent verbal communication and presentation skills – pleasant and professional manner - well-spoken, clear and intelligible
- Excellent written communication – clear prose, good grammar and spelling
- Ability to build and motivate a high performing team
- Discretion and confidentiality – ability to exercise discretion with people and data; high level of sensitivity to and awareness of the parameters of role, as well team and wider relationships.
- Team-player – ability to work effectively within own team and wider head office support teams. Able to keep others informed whilst handling confidentiality issues with due discretion and sensitivity
- Organisation and motivation – able to work in a structured manner to meet targets and timelines, prioritising tasks and coping with peaks and troughs calmly and responsibly
- Flexible, adaptable and resourceful – ability to respond according to tasks and situations appropriately as they arise
- Commitment and time-keeping – able to demonstrate full attendance and punctuality within the designated hours of the role
- Personal appearance – smart and presentable at all times.
This is an initial outline and will be reviewed as part of our continuous professional development process.
How to Apply