Functional Skills Tutor
Job title: Functional Skills Tutor
Salary: £23,000 to £25,000 pa with OTE
Working Hours: 8.30 am to 5.00 pm OR 9.00 am to 5.30 pm, 1 hour lunch Monday to Friday 37.5 hours per week (full-time)
Contract type: Permanent Part-time or full-time
Location: Various – East of England, East Midlands, London
Full UK Licence and own transport is required as national travel is involved in the position.
Are you an experienced Functional Skills Tutor in English or Maths or BOTH?
The Consultancy Home Counties Ltd Group (TCHC), an Ofsted Good provider, is currently recruiting for Functional Skills Tutors to deliver and support the delivery of English, Maths and ICT. TCHC delivers a wide range of provision types including: Study Programmes, Apprenticeships, Adult Learning Programmes, DWP Programmes and commercial activity mainly across the east of England but also into the East Midlands and London.
There is scope within this role to develop and grow a team of Functional Skills Tutors to deliver nationally.
Functional Skills Tutor Duties & Responsibilities:
You will be responsible for planning and teaching the curriculum, as well as differentiation, and will be required to ensure work is marked, records are kept, and assessment is on-going, ensuring all learners are ready for exams.
Working with individuals who may present challenges, your delivery will be creative and engaging to ensure individuals achieve their aims in all subjects. You will be supported by a Quality Assurance Team who is responsible for leading the team to drive up quality, reaching and exceeding KPI's and promoting an ethos of continuous improvement.
- Create effective schemes of works that clearly supports the learning process of individuals
- Prepare and develop innovative lesson plans, designing and delivering group activities
- Deliver training to individuals and groups following the programme curriculum, setting objectives and targets for achievement
- Provide one to one support to learners where necessary
- Hold a manageable caseload of learners
- Diagnose learner’s literacy, numeracy and ICT needs and requirements by using various diagnostic testing and mock tests
- Liaise with relevant team members to ensure learners achieve their targets and progress into appropriate outcomes
- Provide appropriate encouragement, guidance and support to learners to help them progress
- Manage any behaviour issues that arise
- Prepare and submit up to date assessments of learners, across all relevant activities
- Monitor and maintain appropriate paperwork and records of progress and to report all cases of learner sickness and absence
- Complete review paperwork and record learners' progress
- Establish, develop and maintain effective working relationships with other external organisations involved with the service and learners
- Actively participate in continuous improvement and self-assessments and the implementation of subsequent action plans
- Provide learners with all relevant policies and regulations to clarify what is expected of them and to ensure their safety
- Meet agreed contract targets to ensure that revenue is secured
- Complete all required documentation accurately and within agreed timescales to ensure that contract requirements are met and funding is maximised
- On going management and administration tasks relating to TCHC’s CRM and ePortfolio systems, including but not limited to session planning, logging results and providing feedback to learners
- Work alongside the Quality Assurance team to ensure that delivery meets the high expectations of TCHC
- Prepare for and attend monthly caseload review meetings with the Head of Apprenticeships
- Prepare for and attend standardisation meetings as instructed by Quality Assurance
- Act as an ambassador for TCHC Ltd at all times, providing key information to all parties involved within the learner journey
- Actively ensure own CPD is kept up to date as per the requirements for Functional Skills
Functional Skills Tutor The Applicant
- Qualified to DTTLS/Cert Ed/ PGCE (or equivalent) and have considerable experience in teaching Functional Skills
- Experience of working with young people, their families and communities, including those who are from a variety of ethnic groups and cultures or who may be vulnerable or disadvantaged in some way.
- Experience of working with adults on Apprenticeships
- Experience of working with support staff within a learning environment
- Experience of screening and identification of learners needs
- Experience of a range of approaches to working with hard to reach and difficult to engage learners
- Experience of working to budgets & targets
- Experience in leading in the delivery of accredited training programmes
- Some experience of Ofsted inspections, having been involved in the inspection process and being able to demonstrate Good and Outstanding teaching practice.
- In depth understanding of and commitment to safeguarding
- Knowledge and understanding of progression routes for learners
How to Apply