Visual Merchandising - Retail Level 3
Eye catching visual displays get customers interested in the products and services you sell. Putting these creations together takes skill and understanding of what attracts people’s attention. This is where an Apprenticeship in Visual Merchandising can help you stand out from the crowd.
Our Retail Visual Merchandising Apprentices gives you the tools to put together creative displays.
The units below have to be completed successfully. In addition to these businesses can decide along with their Tutor/Assesser which additional units to complete to meet the needs of their business.
- Work effectively and support others in a retail organisation
- Understanding customer service
- Understanding the management of risks to health and safety on retail premises
- Understanding retail selling process
- Understanding the development of personal and team effectiveness
And choose a wide range of optional units including:
- Choose merchandise to feature in visual displays
- Manage the use of signage and graphics in displays
- Evaluate the effectiveness of displays
- Manage budget for projects
- Design visual merchandising display layouts
- Make props and decorate fixtures and panels for displays
- Follow guidelines for planning and preparing displays
There are specific units for specialised retail including for clothes and food stores, florists, electrical and web-based retail. Call for full list of units.
Call for full list of units.
The qualification is achieved through teaching, learning on the job, e-learning, workshops and assessment.
On completion of the Apprenticeship the apprentice must be able to undertake the full range of duties, in the range of circumstances appropriate to the job, confidently and competently to the standard set by the industry.