If you live in and/or access services in Suffolk and are looking for a helping hand to get a job or training, Opportunity Suffolk may be just what you are looking for? If you face challenges to get you ready for work, Opportunity Suffolk has a network of partners who can support you – whatever challenges you face.
Opportunity Suffolk is a flexible programme designed to help you develop the skills you need and support you into work or take a step towards it.
Opportunity Suffolk is a network of local specialist support organisations with a wide range of expertise to help build skills, gain confidence and meet the challenges you face to get you into employment or training.
The programme is tailored specifically to individual needs, whatever and however complex they may be. You will have an employment adviser who will be there to support you.
The programme is funded as part of the Building Better Opportunities by the European Social Fund and the National Lottery Community Fund.
Who is it for?
Anyone aged 24 or over, who lives in and/or access services in Suffolk and has not worked in the last six months.
What does the programme include?
This flexible programme is designed to meet your needs. It offers intensive targeted support this could include:
- Tailored 1-1 support that focuses on your employment goals and barriers
- Information, Advice and Guidance
- An action plan, agreed with you, detailing your next steps and how to achieve them
- Employability support, including CV’s, interview tips and techniques, applying for jobs
- Exploring volunteering and work placements to gain more experience and skills to help boost your CV.
- Explore training opportunities to help develop your knowledge and skills further.
- Explore local employment opportunities, this can include self-employment possibilities.
- Building your confidence so you feel ready for work.
The length of the programme is determined by your needs.
View programme brochure here
We work with the a range of specialist organisations who are Anglia Care Trust, Green Light Trust, Inspiring Aspirations Leonard Cheshire, Sharing Parenting, Suffolk Refugee Support and TCHC.
If you need to develop further skills and require training, we will help you find it or if you need additional support we can signpost you onto relevant support groups and programmes.
How to get involved