Skills Support for the Unemployed
Everything you need to know about finding a job
This programme aims to help develop the experience and skills gained in both work and life. It is designed to help you to unlock the skills you never realised you had and package it into a marketable proposition to employers.
SSU offers a flexible programme of employability and skills training, which is responsive to your individual needs. It has been specifically designed for people who have been out of work, to help them meet and overcome the challenges they may face when looking for employment.
Who is this course for?
Are you struggling to find a job? Are you sending out lots of applications but not having any success? Are you feeling downhearted and feel you need inspiration to move back into employment? Maybe you do not even know how or where how to start looking for a job. If so, this is the course for you.
Eligibility criteria for this course varies depending on the delivery location, please get in touch for more information.
What does the course consist of?
Our experienced careers adviser will guide you through the content including:
- A one-to-one in-depth assessment to determine the right support for you
- Accredited employability training
- CV support, development and goal setting
- Job search, interview techniques and assistance
- Mentoring and Wellbeing support
- Advice on becoming self-employed or starting a business
- Work placement opportunities
- Continued in work support available for up to 13 weeks
- Personal development including building confidence, motivation and team working.
Current Course Locations
The course is designed to help you move into employment, an Apprenticeship or gain on the job experience through work placement opportunities. For those who need to develop further skills and require training they will be signposted onto relevant courses, support groups and mainstream programmes.