Operations and Departmental Manager (ILM)
On the Operations and Departmental Manager apprenticeship, you will develop the key skills needed to be a successful manager.
You will study for the ILM Level 5 Management Diploma, which is an industry standard qualification and is recognised as a mark of leadership quality.
The key areas covered in this Level 5 ILM apprenticeship are:
- How to lead people using a variety of leadership styles, including motivational skills, mentoring and coaching.
- How to build relationships with teams, stakeholders and suppliers.
- Developing communication skills and understanding the different forms of communication techniques.
- Effective decision making
- Driving through achievement through accountability and resilience
- Accountability and resilience
- Flexible leadership style.
This qualification allows you to develop the knowledge, behaviour and skills needed to run teams and departments, it is ideal for current managers and team leaders looking to make the step up.
On the successful completion of this apprenticeship you will be awarded:
- ILM Level 5 Diploma for Leaders and Managers
Apprentices must also achieve Functional Skills Level 2 maths and English, if they have not already attained an equivalent qualification.
Length of qualification
The Apprenticeship is expected to last between 24 months.
Careers and progression
This is an industry designed and recognised apprenticeship and iss ideal for operations/departmental managers who may manage teams and/or pro-jects, and have responsibility for planning, delivering and achieving departmental goals and objectives.
On completion, apprentices can register as full members with the Chartered Management Institute and/or the Institute of Leadership & Management, and those with 3 years of management experience can apply for Chartered Manager status through the CMI. Successful apprentices can progress on to ILM Level 6 Award in Management or Level 6 Chartered Management Apprenticeship degree.
Set by the employer.