Support for Jobseekers
Looking to get into or return to work?
If so, then Skills Support for the Unemployed could be just the thing for you.
What can it do for me?
Skills Support for the Unemployed offers a flexible programme of employability and skills training, which is tailored to your needs. It has been specifically
designed for people who are out of work to help you meet and overcome the challenges you may face when looking for employment or an Apprenticeship.
What does the programme include?
Support vary depending on your area, but may include:
• A one-to-one in-depth assessment to determine the right support for you
• Accredited employability training
• CV support, development and goal setting
• Job search, interview techniques and assistance
• Mentoring and Wellbeing support
• Advice on becoming self-employed or starting a business
• Support from a Recruitment Adviser
• Continued in work support available
• Personal development including building confidence, motivation and team working
• Qualifications available in IT, Social Media, English, Maths, Business Start-up, Team Leading and Management, Bookkeeping and Customer Service.
The training will be tailored to your needs, and you will receive support from the very first day to help you overcome any difficulties you might face.
What can I do next?
The course is designed to help you move into employment, an Apprenticeship
or self-employment. If you wish to develop further skills or require training we offer a wide range of courses, or we will signpost you onto relevant support and
Am I eligible?
To be eligible for this programme you must be:
• Aged 18+
• Not in employment, education or training
• Resident of Northamptonshire or SEMLEP
How do I get involved?
To find out more or to book a place please contact