What is OnTrack?
Designed to meet the individual needs of young people in Thurrock to help get them into work, an Apprenticeship, education or training, to get their lives back OnTrack. It focuses on overcoming any barriers stopping young people reaching their potential. Whether these are low or no qualifications, disabilities, being a carer, drug and alcohol problems, whatever the issues, this programme will support them through mentoring, specialised support and setting achievable short term goals.
Aim of OnTrack
It is designed to re-emgage young people who are disconnected from employment and learning and help them overcome the challenges they face. It facilitates young people's learning. personal and social development, through mentoring training and a variety of other support offers.
Who's it for?
those who live in the Borough of Thurrock and are aged 15-29 and not in employment, education or training
How it works?
OnTrack is tailored to meet the individual needs of young people, getting them on track towards their career goals. It consists of:
- An initial assessment to find out what their aspirations are and any barriers they are facing
- A bespoke package of support which focus on barriers and achieving their goals
- Ongoing one to one mentoring and assistance
- Work experience and work tasters to gain relevant job skills
- Employability skills such as interview techniques, CV writing and job searching
- Presentations, job fairs and networking events
- Structured exit of the programme with sign posting to other services to ensure they continue to receive support should they require it
Support may include CBT, financial management, skills development, English, maths, ICT, self-confidence or personal presentation training.
If needed clients may receive financial support which could include costs towards: traveling to work or interviews; work clothes and tools for specific jobs; and short-term or one off childcare. Employers may receive a wage subsidy.
How to get involved