Job title: Warehouse Apprentice
Working Hours: 9-5.30 Monday to Friday
Contract Type: Apprenticeship
An excellent opportunity for a Warehouse Apprentice to join an exciting, fast and modern business, based
in Royston, Hertfordshire.
As a Warehouse Apprentice, you will deal with the planning, coordinating and general assistance of the
warehouse operation. This will include the day-to-day assistance of products coming in, out and being stored
in the warehouse. This includes:
• Preparing goods for delivery
• Selecting goods for dispatch
• Using courier software for printing address labels
• Preparing pallets for collection
• Processing recall and faulty stock
• Receiving deliveries, counting stock and placing stock
• Keeping the warehouse tidy and well organised
• Maintaining high levels of health & safety
• Organising the storage of incoming stock
• Keeping stock control systems up to date
• Communicating effectively with colleagues and other authorised personnel
• Dealing effectively and efficiently with queries and correspondence
• Assisting in other duties as reasonably requested
The ideal candidate should have a passion for giving great customer service and should have the ability to carry
out high quality work with attention to detail. You will be:
• A natural problem solver
• A quick learner with good working knowledge of IT systems especially MS Office and Courier Shipping
• Physically fit, being able to work on their feet, handling light, medium and heavy packages
• Able to use your own initiative to ensure the best outcome
• A great team player but also comfortable working on their own objectives and targets
• Comfortable working in a fast paced and efficient warehouse environment
The ideal candidate will be able to demonstrate the key skills required for this role.
• Excellent organisation and planning skills, with outstanding attention to detail
• Self-motivated and with acceptance of responsibility for achieving targets
• Passion, energy and aspiration for the hospitality industry
• Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
• Outgoing and energetic attitude
• Multi-tasking ability
• Computer experience
• Good numeracy and IT skills
The successful candidate will receive training, which includes:
• An understanding of the types of customers we deal with
• Products knowledge
• The business processes
• IT Systems such as Sage and CRM
• Ad-hoc external qualifications and training schemes
A successful company that has been in business for 50 years supplying catering equipment and tableware to
restaurants, hotels and other types of establishments in the catering and hospitality industry.
The main office is set in the heart of Royston, Hertfordshire. It is 3 minutes walking from the train station and
5 minutes walking from the main high street.
Onsight car parking also available.
The business has also recently expanded its offices by investing in a new showroom based in a prime central London location
This is an excellent chance to develop and learn in a business that is constantly and rapidly modernising to
remain at the forefront of its industry.
Applicants must be eligible to work in the UK.
Strictly No Agencies